Blue Sky Hemp Ventures (“Blue Sky”) is a private Canadian company rapidly emerging as world leaders in whole plant utilization for hemp superfoods, CBD and sustainable industrial products. We wholly believe in delivering a better world, fueled by hemp. Blue Sky’s operations are located in and around Saskatoon. The Saskatoon facility currently processes industrial hemp into food products and CBD
extract products for global sale and distribution. Blue Sky’s Rosetown facility handles industrial hemp plant material for use in extraction and fibre applications. The company is one of the leading processors of industrial hemp in Canada.
Purpose of Role
Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd. is searching for an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join its rapidly growing business. As a key member of the Finance team and supporting the CFO, this position will contribute to Blue Sky’s success by developing, maintaining, and reporting key financial analysis to be used by senior management in corporate planning, operational economics, and strategic decision making.
The right individual may find the opportunity to grow into a more senior role with our quickly growing company. Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide financial analysis support for all three business segments, including assisting in budgetary planning, financial reviews, and economic analysis
- Maintain and develop financial forecasting models, forecasting and risk assessments
- Assemble and prepare financial reports for senior management
- Support the management team in pursuing business development opportunities, including competitor analysis, due diligence, and other responsibilities as appropriate
Required Skills, Training & Experience
- Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA) required
- 5 years of related work experience in corporate planning, management reporting, and operational economics
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of consumer products manufacturing
Required Personal Attributes
- A positive disposition and the capacity and willingness to deal cheerfully with coworkers every day is an absolute requirement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various levels of staff, management and stakeholders
- Results-oriented with strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Ability to be responsive to a dynamic work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, and eager to work with a broad cross-section of the corporation
Commensurate with experience. Extended benefits and potential bonus structure may be available to the qualified candidate.
Interested applicants are to apply on Indeed.